We welcome all individuals with special abilities.
Learn more about what we do and what we offer by scrolling through our all new website!
What We Do
P.A.T.H. of Door County is a unique, all-inclusive 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that welcomes all individuals with special abilities. We have assisted families that are impacted by down syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism, epilepsy, and many more. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for recreation and integration in the community for children and adults with special needs.
P.A.T.H (which stands for: Providing Access To Help for Families with Special Needs) was first organized in 2005 due to the lack of support and resources for families struggling to help their children with special needs. Three moms: Deb Doyle, Veronica Behme, and Myria Normann faced obstacle after obstacle when simply looking for answers. As luck would have it, the three found each other and joined forces to help pave away for other families, so they didn’t feel like they were alone in this journey.
There was A LOT of help along the way, including seed money and some ‘recycled” office equipment from the Moravian Church, grants from the then WCDD, the Door County Community Foundation, and the Raibrook Foundation, and countless fundraisers throughout the years to keep the programs that we’ve established going. The Sturgeon Bay Moravian Church sheltered PATH under their 501 (c) 3, and was our “home base” for over 10 years.
The goals and programs have grown dramatically since those first few years. In 2016, the decision was made to become our own 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and in October 2018 we purchased the Jaycee Clubhouse. We look forward to the exciting things that the future hold for our families.
*Please note phone messages are checked weekly. If you need immediate assistance, reach out via email.
We hold two major fundraising events per year, The Century Ride (Sunday, September 10, 2022) and Fall 50 (Saturday, October 21, 2023). Here’s where you can help:
Century Ride – September 10, 2023
- Cherry Pie Serving – Finishing Area – Fair Grounds (10-3 or 2-7): Duties include keeping the pizzas coming: Restocking pizzas and breadsticks
- Non-licensed Beverage Server (10-3, 12-5,or 2-7): Duties include keeping the beer flowing: We just pour the beer and wine (the licensed bartenders take care of the rest)
Fall 50 – October 21, 2023
- Pizza Hand Out – Finishing Tent – Sunset Park (1-4 or 4-8): Duties include keeping the pizzas coming: Restocking pizzas and breadsticks
- Beverage Hand Out – Finish Tent – Sunset Part (1-4 or 4-8): Duties include keeping the beer flowing: We just pour the beer and wine (the licensed bartenders take care of the rest)
- Click the link below to volunteer PASSWORD: fall50
Summer Camp, PEERS, PATH Busters and Bowling.
Any monetary amount you can offer will go directly to assist the children and adults that we serve. Together we can make a difference in their lives!
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
340 Jaycee Court
Po Box 835
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Call Us: (920) 677-9335
Please note, we only check phone messages weekly. For faster response, please email us by filling out the form below.